Electrocuted teen appeals for assistance

Family of a 15-year-old from Plumtree who was electrocuted last week is appealing for assistance in sourcing medication for the teenager.

The boy, Mthokozisi Ncube, was in the company of his 17-year-old brother when the tragedy struck, taking their sister-in-law to a hospital using a donkey-drawn scotch cart.

The cart they were traveling in was being drawn by three donkeys and two of them died on the spot after being electrocuted.

Ncube sustained injuries on his hand and on the fingers and has been going to Plumtree District Hospital seeking medical attention.

Ncube’s grandfather, Emody Dube, told CITE that they were in need of financial help to get Ncube further medical assistance from alternative health institutions.

“Not much has been done for him in Plumtree. He needs at least some pills and injections for the wound to heal and for the pain as well. They (health workers) only put bandages on him. There was no other medication,” said Dube.

“If we could get him to Mpilo Central Hospital it would be better. But still considering the current situation there would be a need to buy more medication. We are appealing to those who can be able to assist to kindly do so.”

Those who wish to assist can contact Emody Dube on 078 322 5495.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button