Girl (9) electrocuted while playing with siblings

A nine-year-old girl from Nkulumane suburb was electrocuted after coming into contact with a ZESA electricity pole while playing with her siblings at their home, Tuesday.

The incident occurred around 2 pm shortly after the minor, Princess Luphahla, had knocked off from school.

CITE visited the home of the deceased and talked to the minor’s grandmother, Sithabile Luphahla, who narrated the ordeal.

According to Luphahla, the minor was electrocuted after coming into contact with an aluminium cable that supports an electricity pole.

She said she received a call while at work informing her that there had been an accident at home and Princess had been rushed to the hospital.  

When she arrived home her granddaughter had already passed on.

“I am in shock, this cable has always been here, ever since these children were born. What I don’t understand is how this happened,” she narrated.

“Two teams from ZESA visited our home to investigate the incident and they concluded that there was no anomaly. They said another team of experts will come and do more checks. I wish I could get closure of what happened to my grandchild.”

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button