A family in Nketa 8 suburb, Bulawayo, is appealing for assistance after their house was razed down by fire due to a suspected electrical fault.
The incident occurred around 10 AM on Tuesday.
All the property was destroyed leaving, the mother and her two children, aged 20 and 25, stranded with no food, blankets, or clothes.
The owner of the property, Apostle Precious Takaedza, is the founder of Devine Touch Ministries,
“We lost everything. We have nothing left. My children’s documents, my documents, all went up in flames. We have no clothes, no food, we are just left with nothing. We are appealing to well-wishers to assist us in any way possible. I am in shock, I don’t even know where to start,” she said.
Those who wish to assist them can contact her son Liberty on 0713510067 or 0784331358
An eyewitness, Clayton Machokoto, who spoke to CITE said they arrived early at the scene but could not do much to help the situation.
“I was called by my son who was playing outside. He told me our neighbor’s house was burning and she was outside the gate crying. I rushed out and came to assist. When I arrived, there were some sparks from the electricity pole and the fire had already started in the house. It was still in the bedroom at the far end,” Machokoto said.
“But because of the paint and ceiling, it quickly spread to the other parts of the house. We tried to get in to check if there were things we could save but the smoke was too much. The son then told us that they had managed to remove a gas tank and a two-plate gas stove. The fire spread to the other bedroom, to the kitchen before engulfing the rest of the house.”
Machokoto said they called the fire brigade and the police, and the fire brigade arrived about thirty minutes later.
“Had the fire brigade arrived early the situation could have been helped. We were just standing helplessly as the fire raged on. What made the situation worse is that this was a windy morning. It is quite sad to see a neighbour losing property in such a manner. We hope people will pitch in and help them,” he said.