Organisation: Cultural Information Trust
Project : INSPIRES
Job Title : Program Assistant
Location: Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
Supervisor: Project Director
The Cultural Information Trust is seeking a highly qualified and experienced Program Assistant to work closely with the Zimbabwe team specifically on the INSPIRES Project. The INPIRES project will run for 12 months and will be implemented in partnership with the Centre for Innovation and Technology (CITE). The INSPIRES project in Zimbabwe termed “Combating misinformation, disinformation and fake news during the COVID 19 pandemic in southern Zimbabwe” is a USAID funded initiative aimed at improving coverage of the COVID 19 global health pandemic in sourthen Zimbabwe. Under the INSPIRES activity, Internews will provide technical assistance in the form of training and mentoring as well as a subgrant to the Centre for Innovation and Technology (CITE).
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting directly to the Zimbabwe Project Director, the Program Assistant will work closely with the Zimbabwe project team in the implementation of the INSPIRES Project. Below are the specifiec functions of the position.
- Take a leading role in organising training workshops for the rumor tracking and reporting, data journalism, investigative reporting, media entrepreneurship and digital security trainings.
- Work closely with the CITE program team to ensure that the COVID-19-related news stories on the CITE website are produced and published regularly.
- Liase with CITE to ensure that benecficiaries of story grants within the targeted regions produce and publish the stories as required.
- Keep a record of the weekly current affairs program including a thorough record of the newsmakers, public officials, third sector players etc. that are interviewed on responses to the COVID-19 outbreak in Zimbabwe.
- Keep an accurate track record of the weekly podcasts which are produced by CITE to highlight COVID-19 related developments from the perspective of communities.
- Liase with CITE to ensure the production of weekly fact-checking stories on COVID 19, along with infographics.
- Gather data that can be used in compiling workshop reports, evaluations and reviews.
- Assist in the compiliation of project success stories and links to published materials
- Liaise with project partners on matters of the project with guidance from project staff.
- Ensure proper record keeping and filing of all documents related to the project.
- Take minutes from workshops, internal and external meetings facilitated by Cultural Information Trust.
- Assist in the payment of stipends and attending to any house keeping issues raised by workshop participants.
- Work together with Admin in preparing requisitions for trainings and other activities funded by the project.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Project Director
- University degree in media, journalism, english, communication, social sciences or any equivalent is desirable
- At least 3 years of experience in the media development, content production, content sharing and community outreach.
- Knowledge of use of virtual training platforms.
- Experience in planning and journalists from different outlets and platforms.
- Demonstrated experience with training and capacity-building
- Good writing and/or reporting skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Interested candidates need to send their CVs and cover letter to email@example.com not later than 10th of September 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview, applications sent beyond that date will not be considered.