Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Centre for Innovation and technology (CITE)
Job type: Full time
Location: Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
Closing date: 25 August 2020
Remuneration: To be discussed with the successful candidate only
The Centre for Innovation and Technology (CITE) is an open space that was established in 2015 and registered in 2016 as a Trust. It is a digital-based organisation and creative hub that deploys new technologies and art to support social movements, civil society including women and youth
organisations, journalists, talented change-makers and innovators with a special focus on marginalised communities in Zimbabwe.
At the core of CITE is the notion of cyberspace that has become the back-bone of the organisation’s programs and activities. The cyberspace is underpinned by digital technologies that support social accountability, democratic governance, and freedom of expression through the dissemination of untold stories and news articles. In particular, CITE uses Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, microblogs, and other social media outlets to disseminate its
CITE is seeking to hire a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to join its dynamic team of young creatives.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be a key member of the CITE team, ensuring that project activities, outputs, outcomes and impact are adequately reported. Reporting to the Programmes Manager, he/she will ensure that CITE collects relevant data on its programming and analyse it,
producing timely reports in line with the learning of the organisation and compliance requirements of partners. The monitoring and evaluation officer will also monitor rigorous adherence to agreed project indicators and outcomes, ensuring achievement of stated objectives and robust reporting.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will support the Programmes Manager in planning, implementing, monitoring and reporting of CITE’s programmes.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- A Bachelors’ Degree in Social Sciences or other relevant discipline
- A tertiary qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation will be an added advantage
- Minimum of five years’ experience doing monitoring and evaluation work, preferably in the democracy, governance and human rights field
- Demonstrated ability to design rigorous quantitative and qualitative data collection systems and knowledge of methods of data analysis
- Demonstrated capacity to set up and manage monitoring, evaluation and learning systems
- Excellent report writing, analytical and oral presentation skills
- An understanding of knowledge management and dissemination of research findings
Fluency in English and Ndebele
Interested candidates can send a cover letter and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org under the headline “Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Job Application”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to next stage of the recruitment process