Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Location: Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
Term: An initial three-months contract with possibility of extension
Reports to: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
The Cultural information Trust is a local organisation based in Bulawayo, working in partnership with independent media entities through provision of technical support essential in running sustainable initiatives. Currently, the project is in its third and final year of Zimbabwe Media Development (ZMD) grant funded by Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA).
The M&E Assistant will support ZMD monitoring and evaluation functions and ensure the program M&E plan is regularly updated and reported.
· Manage a monitoring and evaluation system across all ZMD local partners and activities, including review of the program M&E plan, indicators and monitoring activities that capture necessary data to report on results and impact, ensure such activities are conducted on schedule
· Establishes the framework for data collection and monitoring
· Produces M&E monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports to M&E Specialist and donors, as needed
· Supports the ZMD Project Manager and M&E Specialist in reporting to the Country Director and donor
· Provide support in research methodologies used to monitor the outcomes and impacts of the project in the South
· Conduct and report on M&E activities
· Maintains and operates project M&E database and online tracking systems that meet the donor and Internews requirements
· Maintains contact with all partners to ensure timely and regular flow of information and data
· Ensure that outputs, outcomes, and results are measured to support the achievement of the program objectives
· Communicates information obtained through M&E activities to Internews staff, partners, and other program participants
· Be a primary M&E resource to the field office and field personnel; liaise regularly with ZMD Programme staff
· Minimum of 1-year professional experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities for international development projects
· Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Social Sciences, M&E, or related field
· Experience in SIDA funded project monitoring and evaluation
· Previous work in media will be a huge asset
· Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages
· Knowledge and experience in quality control and data collection and analysis methodologies
· Experience with data quality assessments and oversight
· Experience with tools such as Outcome Harvesting, Content Analysis and Social Media Analytics
· Excellent analytical skills and attention to details
· Good computer skills and other data collection and analysis software
· Strong commitment to teamwork
· Effective communication, motivating leadership and interpersonal skills.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 12 November 2021. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.