Job title: Programs Officer
Reports to: National Coordinator
Type of Contract: One year
The Programs Officer will work closely with the National Coordinator on all aspects of programming, including both day-to-day operations and broader program strategy development of the organization.
The Programs Officer will contribute to the programmatic ideas and participate actively in grant making by seeking, developing, and recommending grants and administering projects in the program area. The Programs Officer will be involved in program development, implementation, coordination of capacity and movement building initiatives and also maintaining and building partnerships.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing, coordinating and implementing innovative, high quality and policy relevant ZACRAS advocacy strategies,
- Designing and maintaining a functional M&E system to enable regular monitoring and evaluation of projects at initiative and association levels,
- Assisting in project formulation and proposal development,
- Spearheading the capacity building and strengthening of member stations,
- Producing periodic activity reports following the phasing and scheduling of projects,
- Monitoring and tracking ongoing grants and initiatives, including evaluating and reporting to staff, board, and external stakeholders on performance,
- Conducting site visits of pending and active projects at initiative level,
- Tracking and contributing to the development of best practices,
- Reviewing activities for compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Have broad understanding of the media sector
- Have experience in social media management
Key Skills and Attributes
- Familiarity with a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and a willingness to share in both strategic planning and administrative tasks,
- Experience working in an NGO environment and a strong background in initiating and implementing programmes,
- Strong research and writing skills,
- An appetite for and sensitivity to working with diverse communities across Zimbabwe and abroad.
- Good Communication Skills,
- Willingness to travel extensively.
- Good report writing skills
- Result driven and oriented individual
The Program Officer should have at least a relevant post qualification in Media, Development Studies, or a Bachelor’s Degree in any Social Sciences field. A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage in the relevant field. The Program Officer should have at least 3-5 years relevant experience in media sector.
Send an Application Letter together with a detailed CV of not more than 3 pages in either word or PDF formats with at least 3 references to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for application is Monday 28 November 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Women are encouraged to apply.