News

House reduced to ashes in Luveve

A seven-roomed house was reduced to ashes in Bulawayo’s Luveve suburb in an inferno suspected to be caused by ambers from a cooking fire that were left unattended yesterday morning.

The total amount of property lost is ZWL$120 000 000.

Bulawayo City Council (BCC) acting chief fire officer, Linos Phiri said when they got to the scene, they found the property well-lit with the roof already collapsed.

He said the owner of the house and neighbours were trying to put out the fire with buckets of water and garden hoses.

“The fire had engulfed the whole house and the roof had already given in. Owners had tried to remove some of the property from the house as it was placed outside the yard,” said Phiri.

He said the fire appeared to have been burning for a long time.

“A cooking fireplace was observed in front of the main entrance to the house,” said Phiri.

He added that the Fire Brigade managed to finally put out the fire.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button