Granny appeals for assistance for severely burned grandson
Samkele Msebele from Tsholotsho is appealing for assistance in cash and kind for her 11-year-old grandson who was electrocuted while trying to remove his shoes from a Zimbabwe Electricity Supply Authority (ZESA) power line resulting in him losing both his arms.
Mbongiseni is still receiving treatment at Mpilo Hospital for the severe burns he suffered while playing with his friends in May.
Msebele told CITE that Mbongiseni’s friends threw his shoes onto overhead electricity wires.
She said Mbongiseni lost his arms following the incident.
“The other wounds have healed while others are still in the process; he is waiting to go again to theatre for a skin graft. The left arm was cut just before the elbow while the right hand was cut off from the shoulder, that is the wound that is still bad, moving towards his chest,” she said.
“His back is now better including his feet as he can walk properly.”
Msebele added that she did not what the future will be like for his grandson who is a grade 7 learner.
“As a grandmother, I have other grandchildren who are looking up to me and I left them behind, I play the role of both parents to these children. Mbongiseni’s father passed away and I am his maternal grandmother,” she said.
She appealed for assistance with food, clothes, and anything that may assist her grandson.
“I am saddened by this whole experience, my heart is just heavy.”
Those who wish to assist Mbongiseni can get in touch with his grandmother, Samkele Msebele on 0771 382737.