Boy, 11, dies after being electrocuted

A 11-year- old boy from Mzilikazi suburb in Bulawayo died on the spot on Friday evening after he allegedly tripped on a live electricity cable in Nguboyenja.

Bulawayo Police spokesperson Inspector Abednico Ncube confirmed the incident saying it happened while the boy had gone to look for some fruits in Nguboyenja.

“We confirm we are investigating a case of sudden death where a 11year old from Mzilikazi was allegedly electrocuted while he had gone to Nguboyenja to look for some fruits,” said Inspector Ncube.

“Investigations are underway to investigate what exactly transpired.”

Inspector Ncube urged members of the public to be cautious of bare electricity wires as they move around.

“It was an accident, he accidentally tripped on that wire but we urge members of the public wherever they move because of theft of copper cables they should be alert as they move around because they risk going through live wires.

“Should any member of public discover or notice any wire lying down, they should quickly report to Zimbabwe Electricity Supply Authority (ZESA) or the police,” he said.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Check Also
Back to top button