Another fire breaks out at Mpilo Hospital

Quick reaction from Mpilo Hospital staffers and the Fire Brigade saved the health institution’s property and patients after a fire broke out at the hospital on Tuesday morning.

The fire caused by an electrical fault broke out on the second floor of the main hospital.

Staffers who were on duty reacted quickly and used fire extinguishers to try and put out the fire and stop it from spreading to the rest of the floor.

The fire brigade also reacted quickly and managed to minimize the damage.

According to Mpilo Hospital Hospital Chief Medical Officer Dr Narcisius Dzvanga, the fire affected the laundry room and the National University of Science and Technology (NUST) Faculty of Medicine office.

“There was a technical fault which affected the matron’s office, linen room and the university office. They have been left without electricity. There were no injuries which were sustained during the incident,” said Dr Dzvanga.

“The major damage was on the control panel. There is soot around the area to show that there was a short circuit.”

Dr Dzvanga was full of praise for his colleagues and the fire brigade for averting any potential disaster.

“I would like to compliment our staff members who reacted fast to extinguish the fire and the fire brigade for reacting quickly. I want to thank everyone who managed to contain the situation.”

In 2021, the hospital doctors` quarters were gutted by fire resulting in serious damage and loss of property.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button